Discover Scuba Diving
DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING
First time diving? No worries we have what you need.
The Discover Scuba Diving Program in the Catalinas Islands is a highly supervised dive experience will allow you to go scuba diving with no previous experience. No certification are needed. Maximum of 4 divers per group guarantee!
PADI private instructor (max 4 people)
All needed equipment
Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks on the boat.
ENJOY THE UNDERWATER WORLD
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat.
You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health. Are you ready to try it out? Try this program and you will tell us and your friends back home: This was the best part of my holiday!
What will i do?!
As you arrive to the dive centre inYou learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- After practicing a few basic skills in the water to prepare for your adventure you will make 2 open water dives. We will take you on an underwater tour looking for sharks, rays, octopus and a huge variety of marine fish that lives in pacific waters.
How long will it take?
This is a half day tour generally from 7.00am to approx. 1.30pm.
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable there.
- Learn basic skills, theory and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step.
- Minimum age 10 years.
- No swimming skills are needed!
- Physically/medically fit (download form here), please read page 1 carefully.
- Pre-dive training
- All needed diving equipment
- PADI Scuba instructor
- 2 dives
- Snacks, coffee, drinks
- Transportation ( surcharge may apply depend of location)
What do I need to bring?
We provide everything you need to enjoy the tour so you just have to bring a swimsuit and maybe towels, sunglasses and a sunhat.
Where and when do we meet?
Meeting point is at 7.15am at the Dive Centre in Flamingo Area (You will receive an email with the meeting point instructions ). If you need to be picked up please let us know your location in advance (charges may apply).
Other important information:
- Leave minimum 18 hours after diving before you fly!
- You are required to complete a medical statement and need to be in reasonable physical health. If there is any question regarding your health you must see a doctor before we can allow you to partake in the course.
- Pick up times vary and will be discussed with you.
- All courses are subject to a cancellation fee.